Saturday, September 26, 2009
Went to the Fall Festival at Windrush Farm today. It's located in a beautiful rural area of the county. Incredible hand spun and hand dyed yarn for sale. Also demonstrations in how to spin, natural dyes (onions=yellow) and felting. I bought some roving; I love to spin and knit. I find it meditative. Dying, cleaning and carding wool would be too much.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
I started thinking about this question on Malle-Gianattassio's blog. My first answer is everything and anything. But lets get specific.
- Being around genuine, loving and positive people inspire me to be a better person.
- Nature, such as Lake Tahoe above.
- Children, their laughter, expressions and questions.
- Creating - it's like an addiction, the more I create, the more I need to do so.
- Being around thought provoking, creative people.
- Smells, such as pine trees, and fresh clean air
- My hands in clay
- The ocean
Saturday, September 5, 2009
This is the most complicated piece I've ever knitted and it's just a scarf. Its called Falling leaves. I'm about half way through. I fell in love with this yarn; coral mohair. I found the pattern in the book, Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders.