- Art and play are the same practice.
- Art is life - Life is Art. Create the type that makes you deeply happy.
- To succeed, allow difficulties to grow and change into self-directed persistence by watering your own root. Persistence is the key to success. Your only job is to remain engaged in creative work.
- Master self doubt. It is the only force that can keep you imprisoned. There is never a right way to do art.
- Begin again. The magic gifts of your creative output await you and the world. Imagine if VanGogh would have given up.
- Just paint. Everything you need will follow. Markets always exist and pay well for truthful art from your heart. Believe me!
- Practice stepping away and seeing from every possible angle and perspective. This is where you will find the freedom to grow. Try to suspend time. Develop self-compassion.
- Find mentors who can't possibly teach you what they know in your lifetime and spend infinite time by their sides.
- Encouragement is the key.
Excerpt from Carole Watanabe's book, The Ecstatic Marriage of Life and Art.