Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Reading List

Oprah has posted her summer reading list. It is a list of 25 books. She also has another list of 10 more books. I suppose someone who doesn't do much else could read 25 books in a summer; it would be a little more than 2 books a week. I'll be happy if I finish one or two books this summer.

Below is my book list I hope to finish in the next few years (in no particular order)
  • Angela's Ashes - Frank McCourt
  • World Without End - Ken Follett
  • Jazz - Toni Morrison
  • Their Eyes Were Watching God - Zora Neale Hurston
  • Saving Fish From Drowning - Amy Tan
  • Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austin
  • Daughter of Fortune - Isabel Allende
  • Little Dorrit - Charles Dickens
  • Founding Mothers - Cokie Roberts
  • In Defense of Food - Michael Pollan
  • The World Without Us - Alan Weisman
  • We Were the Mulvaneys - Joyce Carol Oates
  • The Shipping News - E. Annie Proulx
  • Life of Pi - Yann Martel
  • Snow Falling on Cedars - David Guterson
  • While I Was Gone - Sue Miller
  • Switch - Bill Bayer

.

No comments:

Post a Comment